Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

How long does it take to immigrate to Canada under PNP?

Discussion in 'Provincial Nominee' started by lidia, Apr 24, 2012.

1. lidia

lidia New Member

Hi, my employer willing to sponsor me to immigrate under PNP to BC, my questions are
    1) How long does it actually take to immigrate after been nomineed by the BC PNP?
    2) I have 5 months to get my 2 years Canadian working experience, comparing to PNP and Canadian experience category, which one will be faster to process the immigration at my case?

Thanks
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

My lastest client under the PNP took a total of 8 months, your experience may differ. My latest Canadian Experience Class application was 13 months (just approved).

I would suggest starting the PNP process, as your employer may not be approved - that can take some time as the PNP folks continue to ask for more supporting documentation.

The other risk out there is the pace of change in the federal immigration rules - who knows if in 5 months the CEC rules will be the same. Another reason to continue with the PNP at this point in time. The Minister has stated that provinces will get a greater role in selecting candidates, so the risk is less that the PNP rules will change in terms of negatively affecting your application.
  3. lidia

lidia New Member

Thanks for the answer, Panusa

I think I will start the joint application first with the company. I have talked to the PNP BC, they told me it takes much shorter time to get nomineed these days, but no one knows how long will it take to get approval for the residence. I will take your advise, appreciate
  4. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Any time. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
  5. lidia

lidia New Member

For sure, thanks