Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Hitchhiking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ammie, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Ammie

Ammie New Member

I was wondering how feasible hitchhiking is in Canada? I am specifically thinking of safety, the weather and wild animals. Is this a regular activity in Canada and do Canadian citizens offer 'country walkers' a lift to a next town?
  2. loon92

loon92 New Member

I would be leery about hitchhiking anywhere. It is not what I would consider a safe way of travel as there are dangerous people in all countries. You may get mugged or worse and that would certainly ruin your trip to Canada.
  3. Ammie

Ammie New Member

You are probably right! It is sad to see what is happening in the world today. I actually hoped Canada would be exempt from this behavior because it is nicely 'tucked away' close to the North Pole. It would probably be too cold at night to sleep in tents for most of the year anyway.
  4. loon92

loon92 New Member

Maybe you would like camping there as they seem to have a lot of wooded areas and parks. The scenery in some of the images I've seen is breathtaking. You could spend the day hiking or biking and camp in camping areas where you could meet people who live in Canada.
  5. Ammie

Ammie New Member

Perfect! Thank you, loon92. Camping areas would be safer than hitchhiking and sleeping over in tents in unprotected areas. If I am not mistaken, there is the probability of bears in the mountains, and I would not want to ever 'meet' one face-to-face. :D