Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group


Discussion in 'Working in Canada' started by elenaflower, Feb 24, 2014.

  1. elenaflower

    elenaflower New Member

    Dear Sir or Madam,

    I am currently a foreign worker and a temporary resident visa holder in Ontario. I have an open work permit obtained under International Experienced Class OUTSIDE QUOTA and sponsored by a recognized organization. (hence my work permit may exceed 52 weeks). I did not have to obtain a LMO for the current position. I am a holder of a Master's degree (My area of occupation is Public Relations, Communications, Management, Business Development). I am under 30 years old, single, none of my family members are Canadian/Permanent residents in Canada, and I don't have any dependents on me.

    My work permit will expire in about 8 months, but I would like to get more professional experience here in Canada. What are my options? Can I:

    1) Extend my work permit
    2) Apply for a new work permit
    3) Apply under Canada Experience Class
    4) Apply for a permanent residence (Federal Skilled Workers)
    5) Apply for Ontario Nominee Program

    Which, if any, of these options could be the most realistic one to stay and keep working in Canada? What if I apply for a permanent residence and get denied? Can I apply for a temporary status or I will get denied that since I tried a permanent immigration attempt?
    What would my employer need to do if I will extend my current contract?

    Thank you,
    Best Regards
  2. Panusa

    Panusa Administrator Staff Member

    So it sounds like you have a standard working holiday visa, is that correct?

    It depends on the position you work in currently. Hard to say without knowing that.

    Your employer can certainly apply for an LMO and you can apply for another work permit. The other options depend on your exact work experience in Canada.

Share This Page