Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Deemed rehabiliated under UK Rehabilitation SPENT

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges and Convictions' started by KDK, Oct 1, 2014.

1. KDK

KDK New Member

Hello;

Our question is if my convictions have all been spent; i have 2 indictable crimes from 94 and 95 and 2 minor charges from 2002, 2010 would i qualify as deemed rehabilitaed ? Would really appreciate an answer as this is affecting my potential PR application
  2. Panusa

Panusa Administrator Staff Member

Typically a "spent" conviction would mean that an individual is no longer inadmissible to Canada. I can't advise on your particular case however.
  3. KDK

KDK New Member

Thank you for your response. We are applying right now for Outland sponsorship and sending in a criminal rehabilitation form for your information check marked. Hopefully we are successful
  4. Deemed Rehabilitation is possible when a foreign national has a singular conviction on their criminal record that, if perpetrated in Canada, would find its equivalent in an indictable offense with an impossible sentence of less than ten years, and the following requirements are met:

Ten years have passed since the completion of all sentences, probationary periods and fines

The individual has no other convictions that would constitute an indictable offense under Canadian law

The individual has no more than one summary offense on record.