Immigration Canada - PanCanadian Immigration Law Group

Canada PR Renewal

Discussion in 'Federal Skilled Worker' started by aurora25, Sep 2, 2015.

1. aurora25

aurora25 New Member

Hello,

I am due to submit my application for my Canadian PR Card renewal at the end of this week which had expired about 2 months ago. However, I am due for a travel in about 3.5 weeks time.

(1) Is there a way to have my PR card processed before that? Is there a provision for urgent processing and how long is the processing time?

(2) In the event I cannot get my PR card renewed in 3 weeks time before my travel, is there a travel visa / document that I can apply for before leaving Canada which will allow me to enter Canada again?

Thank you so much for your feeback.

Cheers
    Chris
  2. david wilson

david wilson Member

Keep evidence of your entries and exits to and from Canada, such as airline tickets and travel itinerary. Even keeping a list of your dates of travel will be helpful when applying for you PR Card renewal as you will need to demonstrate that you comply with requirements.

It is important to note that you will need to be physically present in Canada when you submit your application in order to pick up your new PR Card. This means that you will be required to remain in Canada during the entire time it takes for a new PR Card to be processed.
  3. aurora25

aurora25 New Member

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I have all the documentation to support my renewal.

I know CIC has an option for urgent PR card processing. Any idea of how quickly can the PR card renewal would take under Urgent processing?

Also, to my earlier question, In the event I cannot get my PR card renewed in 3 weeks time before my travel, is there a travel visa / document that I can apply for before leaving Canada which will allow me to enter Canada again?

Cheers
    Chris